GREAT Article -- A Lesson on How To Treat War Prisoners -- March 7, 2002
(Yeah, the article is old, but here it is 2013 and, as infuriating as it gets, not a thing about it needs updating.)
Knowing there are scores and perhaps hundreds of great books and other works by military veteran authors and artists who have no access to major distribution channels, this page of links is offered to direct the visitor to each author's or artist's web site or to pop-up a e-mail window so you can write to them.
There is a link at the bottom to register a free listing for your book or other works such as musical recordings, artistic creations and similar works, and a link page to other military-oriented sites. No links to commercial storefronts or general merchandise, please. This site is for the "little guy" and privateer military Veteran. But you are welcome to list your own creations even if you do have a distribution system.
THIS SITE UPDATED WITH EACH NEW ENTRY.
CLICK "RELOAD" IF YOU'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE TO SEE LATEST VERSION.
Latest update: 30 January, 2013
Vietnam/SEA Desert Storm Other wars, operations, campaigns, biographies and related miscellaneous Works followed by a hypertexted "(R)" include extended review on a separate page. Click on the blue (R) to read more about it.
Back To TopWW II
- The Young Draftee -- The war in the South Pacific was a war without mercy. Monte J. Howell
- Army Air Corps / Air Force
- Flight to Black Hammer: Letters of a WWII Pilot -- Ted Withington's novel about a B-24 pilot, from training to combat in Germany.
Non-fiction Memoir (R)
- Last Roll Call -- Kenneth Tucker's recounting of 35 combat missions as a B-17 Tail Gunner.
- For This Marvelous Country -- The WWII exploits of 8th Air Force B-17 pilot, Capt. William B. Rose, whose wartime mantra was "patriotism, duty, survival, home," are recounted in his biography, For This Marvelous Country. Non-fiction Memoir (R)
Navy Marine Other Back To TopKorea
- Air Force
Back To TopVietnam and SEA
- C.M.A.C., Saga of a Saigon Warrior by Jim Finnegan -- Action/adventure novel set at the Capital Military Assistance Command. True life fiction (R)
- Highest Traditions by Tony Lazzarini -- The memoir of a helicopter door gunner during the Vietnam War. Non-fiction Memoir (R)
- Journal of a Combat Tanker by Toby Brant, combat tank commander in the Cu Chi area of South Vietnam, 1968.
- On The Tiger's Back -- Bernard E. Grady's book from a Infantry officer's perspective.
- Tattletale -- Charlie Palek's bio of his two tours in Vietnam; one as a Grunt RTO, the second in a "Loach" with the 1St. Avn. Bde. (R)
- Air Force
- A Certain Brotherhood -- Jimmie H. Butler. A novel of American pilots flying O-1s in combat over the Ho Chi Minh Trail 1967-1968. Aviation novel. (R)
- Misty -- First person stories of the Misty Fast FACs in the Vietnam War (R)
- PAK SIX by G.I. Basel -- F-105 "Thud" pilot writes of going up north, and going down. Action-Autobiographical.
- Six albums of warrior and fighter pilot songs by USAF fighter pilot (ret.) Dick Jonas -- Six albums of warrior and fighter pilot songs on CD or cassette. 76 songs. (R)
- The Red-Blooded All-American Boy by Dick Jonas -- War stories and words to 76 songs in the Dick Jonas Six-CD warrior music collection. (R)
- The Rescue of Bat-21 by USAF FAC (ret.) Darrel Whitcomb -- The true and complete story of the largest search and rescue operation of the Vietnam War. Documentary.
- The River Rat by G.I. Basel -- based on this F-105 "Thud" pilot's experiences. True life fiction.
- Thud Ridge and Going Downtown (The War against Hanoi and Washington) by Jack Broughton -- Two books about the air war over Vietnam during Operation Rolling Thunder. Air war - non-fiction (R)
- When Thunder Rolled -- is mandatory reading for both scholars and laymen, for it is a riveting, multi-faceted story of flying the most dangerous missions of the Vietnam War. Author Ed Rasimus has it exactly right, if you've been there you know it, and if you haven't been there, this is as close as you can get. Air war -- non-fiction (R)
Back To TopDesert Storm/Shield, Desert Storm II
- Prayer at Rumayla by Charles Sheehan-Miles -- Prayer at Rumayla, tells the story of a young, confused Gulf War veteran who returns home from the war unable to sort out who and what he is. (R)
- Air Force
- Black Canyon by Tom Wilson -- A Desert Storm vet is involved in a wild confrontation with terrorists in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Action Novel. (R)
- Non-specific branch (multi-branch)
- Live at the Sand Trap -- the funniest fighter pilot songs you have ever heard, by Dos Gringos. Music CD
Back To TopOther wars, eras, operations, campaigns, biographies and related miscellaneous
- Air Force
- Boyd -- The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War (biographical) by Robert Coram
- One Desert Jet Turner -- Using the fighter aircraft as a central theme, the author describes settings, feelings, and technology associated with providing airborne weapons. (Non-fiction) (R)
- Lethal Cargo -- Action novel by Ed "Hawk" Wells, USAF (Ret.) fighter pilot.
- Get In Get Out and Get Away -- Memoirs of a National Serviceman [British] by Alan Edward Parkinson
- All Branches / All Wars
Back To Top
Warriors' Favorite Links ~ Get Listed ~ Contact Pterodactyl
© since 2001 by Steve Harrison, Pterodactyl-33. All rights reserved.